Oxfam Hong Kong
We envision a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights.
Oxfam Hong Kong is a member of Oxfam International. We are an independent development and relief agency based in Hong Kong. We work with people facing poverty and with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy and public education programmes. For more information on our work, please visit www.oxfam.org.hk
If you are passionate about fighting poverty and want to contribute to our poverty alleviation work, please join us to make a difference.
Reporting to the Director of Operations (DoO), s/he will be supervising the finance team in Hong Kong directly and assist the DoO in overseeing the finance team in China for the good fiscal management and effective daily accounting operations of the organization.
- Work with the DoO in financial planning. Develop, monitor and maintain an effective and efficient accounting system and operations
- Collect, interpret and review financial information. Formulate and implement policies and procedures in aspects of financial and internal control.
- Produce financial reports and reviews related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Liaise with units in head offices and field offices and external parties. Liaise with auditors in connection with the financial audits of the organization, field offices and events/activities
- Communicate with Oxfam International and its affiliates on finance matters
- A recognized degree in accounting or finance with a professional accounting qualification
- 8 years or above accounting and audit experience, with at least 3 years on supervisory level. NGO experience is preferred
- Experience in SUN accounting system is highly preferable
- An analytical mind, negotiation skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Strong language skills in written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluent Putonghua.
- Identification with Oxfam’s mission and work
Closing date for application: 1 June 2020
“All Oxfam work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click https://www.oxfam.org/en/what-we-do/about/how-we-fight-inequality-beat-poverty.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.”
[Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within six weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.]
Oxfam Hong Kong is an Equal Opportunities Employer